Understanding the underlying technology and concepts of operating systems will take you a long way in any tech career, and this is true for ethical hacking also. Without understanding the underlying concepts, it becomes very hard for a tech professional to improve or contribute to the field.
As an ethical hacker, you will often come across complex problems and attacks never seen before. This requires you to think outside of the box and rely on your foundation knowledge of how operating systems work in order to overcome these obstacles. Having a good understanding of operating systems will also make you a more attractive candidate in interviews.
Linux is an open-source computer operating system that is often used for building technologies as it offers users and developers considerable room for modifications. It is used in a variety of ways: as the operating system for many hardware platforms, as an OS for servers, as a component in smartphones and gaming platforms, and much more. This 5-course bundle will introduce you to Linux and teach you to become a nuanced user so you can start working with Linux quickly.
- Lifetime Access
- 5 Courses
- 242 Lessons
- Course 1: Fundamentals of Unix & Linux System Administration
- Course 2: Learn Docker from Scratch
- Course 3: Linux Shell Programming for Beginners
- Course 4: Linux for Absolute Beginners
- Course 5: Learn To Code Like a Pro With vi Editor
Windows 10 is the latest iteration of Microsoft’s flagship operating system, and it has opened a new frontier for developers. Developing apps and software for Windows is unique in the sense that once built, Windows apps can run across a wide range of devices that use Microsoft products, from computers, tablets, and phones, to Xbox, embedded systems, Microsoft Holographic, and more.
Over this massive, 10-course bundle, you’ll get a complete education in how to build on the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) to create seamless apps that run across systems. Needless to say, this is an exceptionally marketable skill as many, many companies worldwide run on Microsoft infrastructure. Having a good background in Windows 10 will help you in your career as a white hat hacker.
- Lifetime Access
- 10 Courses
- 236 Lessons
- Course 1: Getting Started with PowerShell
- Course 2: PowerShell Training Course
- Course 3: Windows 10 Universal App Development: Develop 4 Apps
- Course 4: Windows 10 UWP Universal Windows Platform (Series 1) – The Fundamentals
- Course 5: Windows 10 UWP Universal Windows Platform (Series 2) – XAML, Navigation Model, and Mobile Emulator
- Course 6: Windows 10 UWP Universal Windows Platform (Series 3) – Adaptive Design, Visual States, and Split View
- Course 7: Windows 10 UWP Apps Development (Module 5) – Simple Weather App
- Course 8: Windows 10 UWP Apps Development (Module 6) – Simple Music Match Game App
- Course 9: Windows 10 UWP Apps Development (Module 7) – Simple Content Explorer App
- Course 10: Microsoft PowerShell Console
So there you have it! Everything you need to know about Windows and Linux operating systems. Learning these skills will help you move forward in your cybersecurity career, and make you a stronger applicant for ethical hacking jobs.