This edition of Ethical Hacker Roadmap aims to teach you everything you need to know about database security from the eyes of a white hat hacker. Database compromises are constantly occurring, so learning how to protect them from future attacks is an essential and ever important skill within cybersecurity.
If you’re looking at a career in ethical hacking, then its very important that you understand the technology behind databases and their role within cybersecurity. In the future, it may also be an area you choose to specialize in and could lead you into being a Database Engineer with an average salary of $81,049.
Protecting databases from attack is becoming more and more important in a world where data protection is taken very seriously, and personal data is so valuable. Countries around the world are implementing stricter laws on data protection, for example, the EU brought in the GDPR regulation this year.
Because of this drive for database security, companies are in need for tech professionals to ensure their databases are secure because data breaches can cost them a lot of money in fines and cause a serious hit to their reputation.
HBase is an extremely effective databasing tool for organizing and manage massive data sets. HBase allows an increased level of flexibility, providing column oriented storage, no fixed schema, and low latency to accommodate the dynamically changing needs of applications. With the 25 examples contained in this course, you’ll get a complete grasp of HBase that you can leverage in interviews for Big Data or cybersecurity positions.
- Lifetime access
- 41 Lessons
- 4.5 Hours of Content
- Integrate HBase w/ MapReduce for data processing tasks
- Create tables, insert, read & delete data from HBase
- Get a complete understanding of HBase & its role in the Hadoop ecosystem
- Explore CRUD operations in the shell, & with the Java API
MongoDB is a scalable and high-performance open source database designed to handle document-oriented storage. MongoDB is better than relational databases due to scalability and storage-related issues. This course goes from the complete basics and moves upwards, exploring intricate details and explaining advanced level concepts.
- Lifetime Access
- 101 Lessons
- 4.5 Hours of Content
- Discover the benefits of MongoDB
- Learn how to perform CRUD operations in MongoDB
- Understand data types & data modeling
- Use embedding in MongoDB
- Master DBRefs & manual reference in MongoDB
Data sets can outgrow traditional databases and massive amounts of data can be extremely unpredictable and unstructured. For Big Data, the Cassandra distributed database is the solution, using partitioning and replication to ensure that your data is structured and available even when nodes in a cluster go down.
- Lifetime Acess
- 44 Lessons
- 5.5 Hours of Content
- create keyspaces, column families, & perform CRUD operations using the Cassandra Query Language (CQL)
- Design primary keys & secondary indexes, & learn partitioning & clustering keys
- Understand restrictions on queries based on primary & secondary key design
- Discover tunable consistency using quorum & local quorum
- Learn architecture & storage components: Commit Log, MemTable, SSTables, Bloom Filters, Index File, Summary File & Data File
- Build a Miniature Catalog Management System using the Cassandra Java driver